Cookies are small text files that are placed on a computer’s hard drive by a web browser when a website is visited. Cookies allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience, and also the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website are necessary to enable you to a make purchases/bookings on our website;
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.